TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRING – PLEASE READ
1. The Lessee hires from Cherri Hire the goods specified on the face hereof for the period and at the hiring charge specified.
2. The goods are delivered without any warranty whatsoever as to their condition or quality and the Lessee acknowledges receipt of the goods in good condition.
3. The lessee acknowledges that the ownership of the goods at all times remains vested in Cherri Hire.
4. The Lessee shall be responsible for any damages sustained by Cherri Hire arising out of the Lessee’s use and possession of Cherri Hire’s goods. The Lessee shall be responsible to replace any goods missing or damaged for whatever reason at current replacement cost. A certificate by Cherri Hire certifying such replacement cost shall be final and binding on the parties and shall be sufficient for the purpose of obtaining summary or default judgement against the Lessee.
5. The Lessee agrees to utilise the goods only in the manner for which they are intended not to tamper with or attempt to make repairs to the goods whatsoever nature, without the written consent of Cherri Hire, if such works or repairs are effected without the written consent as aforesaid Cherri Hire shall be entitled to demand from the Lessee the current replacement cost of any such goods.
6. The goods shall be at the sole risk of the Lessee from date of receipt thereof to date of return to Cherri Hire and irrespective of the cause. The Lessee shall be responsible for any missing or stolen goods or for any damage to the goods or for any damage sustained by any third party arising out of the Lessee’s possession of the goods and indemnifies Cherri Hire against any such loss or damage.
7. All goods hired shall remain on the premises to which they were delivered and shall not be removed there from, nor shall the Lessee lend any hired goods to a third party without the written consent from Cherri Hire.
8. The Lessee acknowledges, by his signature on the reverse side of the invoice, having read the afore going terms and conditions and agrees to be bound thereby and agrees to pay the hiring rates, as well as any expenses incurred by Cherri Hire or any Attorney’s fees including collection charges, should an account be submitted to Attorneys for collection.
9. Cherri Hire will not accept any responsibility of count unless goods are counted in the presence of its representative. Should goods be returned not so counted, the count taken in Cherri Hire’s premises will be final and binding on the Lessee.
10. All goods with the exception of tablecloths and furniture must be washed, dried and ready for collection on the date stated. Goods returned unwashed will be charged a surcharge rate determined by Cherri Hire.
11. Tablecloths must be dried before being returned. Any cloths returned to Cherri Hire in a mildewed condition, stained, candle wax, torn or cigarette burnt, will be charged for at full replacement value.
12. If the Lessee does not return the entire order on the specific date, the lessee agrees to pay half the daily hire fee for the first day, and the full daily charge for each day thereafter until such time as goods are returned.
13. No responsibility will be accepted for damage caused by Cherri Hire’s representatives, agents, employees or servants to overhead or underground cables, nor to fixed installations, irrespective of whether the exact location of these have been pointed out or marked out to Cherri Hire in advance.
14. No liability or responsibility will be accepted in the respect of late or non-delivery, mechanical or other circumstances beyond Cherri Hire’s control.
15. No responsibility will be accepted by Cherri Hire for any shortages or breakages unless notified immediately on delivery.
16. No claim shall be made against Cherri Hire or its representatives, agents, employees or servants for any injury, damage, loss or other, of whatever nature, and whether suffered by Cherri Hire or any other person, at the Lessee’s premises or function venue, resulting from any negligence by Cherri Hire in performing its services.
17. Cherri Hire shall be entitled access to any premises or function venue of the Lessee for the purposes of quoting, delivering, inspecting, repairing and collecting, any or all of the hired equipment.
18. To secure a booking, we require a minimum 50% non-refundable deposit for orders over R2000. Orders below R2000 require full payment. The payment of the balance should be made 5 days prior to the delivery or collection date.
19. The Lessee acknowledges that Cherri Hire is given 21 days to check and test any goods brought back or collected by Cherri Hire, and is given a further 21 days to refund any deposit monies or part thereof.
20. If goods are delivered and services are rendered by Cherri Hire, and equipment is requested to be returned after the said delivery, for whatever reason, then these goods and services will be charged for in full, unless Cherri Hire agrees otherwise.
21. The signature of the Lessee or the Lessee’s representative on the reverse of the invoice indicates the acceptance by the Lessee of the above Conditions of Hire and the receipt in order and conditions of all the goods specified notwithstanding the lack of authority on part of the Lessee’s representative. The Lessee acknowledges and agrees that onus of providing that the goods were not received rests on the Lessee.
22. No extension of time or indulgence granted by Cherri Hire to the Lessee shall affect, prejudice or derogate from the rights of Cherri Hire in any respect under this Agreement nor shall it in any way be regarded as a waiver of any of Cherri Hire’s rights hereunder or a novation of this Agreement, or debar Cherri Hire thereafter insisting on compliance with the terms and conditions thereof.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE THE FOLLOWING
( a ) Any extra work performed will be charged for crockery, glassware and cutlery that require washing after use.
( b ) Furniture must be placed under cover in rainy weather.
( c ) Our staff do not set out tables and chairs unless by prior arrangement.
( d) We hold no responsibility for the effects of prevailing weather conditions.
( e ) We reserve the right to substitute equipment in the event of said equipment being unserviceable.
( f ) All goods must be checked at and signed for at delivery and collection by an appointed responsible person.
( g) Changes to orders will only be accepted 48 hours prior to delivery and cannot unfortunately be accommodated thereafter.
( h) Customers receiving goods may be requested to produce identification.
( i) To secure a booking, we require a minimum 50% non-refundable deposit for orders over R2000. Orders below R2000 require full payment. The payment of the balance should be made 5 days prior to the delivery or collection date.
( j) The hire charges at the rates and the deposit stated overleaf are payable C.O.D unless otherwise stated, or as agreed upon prior to delivery.
( k) Goods are hired for a 24hr period. Weekend hire must be returned by 11am on the Monday.
(l) An extra days hiring fee will be charged for items not returned on time.
(m) Items are delivered to, and collected from a ground floor only, within 15m from the drop off point, unless other arrangements have been made.